Employer's Tax Obligations

If you are covered by employment tax laws, you must register with the EDD to obtain an identification number. To obtain your identification number, file a DE 1 - Registration Form for Commercial Employers with the EDD. When you receive your identification number, you will also receive information about all state-required employment taxes and reporting requirements.​

Sign In