Non-Exempt Position Reporting to Vice President, Communications
Assists in the production and distribution of CalChamber communications via email, website, print, epublishing, as well as support materials for events. Generates and analyzes reports on responses to email, epublications. Helps update/maintain CalChamber data bases. Provides administrative support to the Communications Department, including maintaining job cost logs, filing, mail and email lists. Provides support to other departments as needed/requested.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Helping prepare/convert electronic files and other materials for Web, brochures, flyers, newsletters, books, etc. using desktop publishing software/equipment.• Adapting art/photo files for use in email and on website.• Checking and correcting content of electronic communications.• Helping test content/usability of CalChamber electronic or website communications.• Helping update CalChamber website.• Preparing and transmitting distribution lists for CalChamber communications.• Producing name badges, tent cards, place cards as needed for CalChamber events.• Coordinating business card orders.• Maintaining/updating legislative and congressional pictorial rosters.• Generating and following up on email/epublication usage reports.• Maintaining/updating Alert and CalChamber Board policy historical website.• Updating/maintaining CalChamber data bases (Navision and others).• Filing art work, photos, finished projects, and other related items.• Preparing outgoing mail, including correspondence.• Logging invoices and maintaining log of project costs.• Preparing U.S. post office’s annual periodicals report for Alert newsletter.• Handling incoming mail and distributing within Communications Department.• Delivery and/or pick-up of projects/supplies (should be able to lift up to 25 pounds for occasional handling of printed materials).
• Preparing/transmitting mass emails going through Silverpop, including W.A.C.E. Insider email.• Pulling lists from the CalChamber data base (Navision).Local Chamber Department Backup (Upon request with appropriate updated templates):• Preparing and mailing local chamber member renewals.• Preparing name badges, place cards, tent cards, Career Opportunity Bulletin.
• Local chamber contact information in the CalChamber Navision data base (the source of the local chamber information displayed at calchamber.com/localchambers).• Fax broadcasts.
• Update resale program and other information as needed.
• Prepare sample letters for grassroots action center in absence of grassroots coordinator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to use personal computer and standard business software.Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, use of email and Web browsers, WordPress.
Ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure is essential.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org