NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ENTRY IN THIS
SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Sponsors. The sponsors are the California Chamber of Commerce (“CalChamber”), HRCP, L.C. (“HRCP”), and the HR Certification Institute (“HRCI”). CalChamber’s registered office is at 1215 K Street, Suite 1400, Sacramento, CA 95814. HRCP’s office is at 2696 N. University Ave., Suite 200, Provo, UT 84604. HRCI’s office is at 1725 Duke Street, Suite 700, Alexandria, VA 22314.
2. Binding Agreement. In
order to enter this Sweepstakes, you must agree to these rules. Therefore,
please read these rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You
agree that submission of an entry constitutes agreement to these rules. You may
not submit an entry and are not eligible to receive the prizes described herein
unless you agree to these rules. These rules form a binding legal agreement
between you and CalChamber with respect to this Sweepstakes.
3. Eligibility. The HR Certification Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have an account with CalChamber. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Employees of CalChamber, HRCP, and HRCI and their immediate family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Sweepstakes or helping to set up the Sweepstakes shall not be permitted to enter.
4. How to Enter. Beginning at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on April 30, 2020 until 5:00 p.m. PST on May 15, 2020, you may enter the Sweepstakes online by signing in to your CalChamber account and updating your HR Certification information. You do not have to have an HR certification to enter. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Period. All entries must be submitted between 10:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time
(“PST”) on April 30, 2020 until 5:00 p.m. PST on May 15, 2020 (“Entry Period”).
Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will neither be accepted nor
maintained. CalChamber is not responsible for any entries that were submitted
outside of the Entry Period. CalChamber’s computer shall be the official
timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
6. Entry Limitations. Each person may only submit one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes. Any activity aimed at unfairly influencing the entry limitations is prohibited. Any violation of this prohibition will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of CalChamber. Any entry that is suspicious including, but not limited to, appearing to be machine-generated, not cast by an individual or cast in a manner designed to overcome the entry restrictions will not be counted in the sole discretion of CalChamber. Any decision by CalChamber in regards to the Sweepstakes is final and binding in all respects. An Entrant will be notified via email if this action is taken.
Sweepstakes Prizes/Odds: One (1) grand prize winner and twenty (20) runner-up
winners will be declared using a random drawing from all eligible entries. The
odds of winning depend upon the number of valid entries received.
The grand prize winner will receive a free application and exam fees for the HRCI certification/recertification exam and a 2020 complete HRCP Program for PHR/SPHR - print and online editions with audio together valued at one thousand forty dollars ($1040.00). The twenty runner-up winners will receive one (1) recertification credit course out of the twenty (20) recertification credit courses offered by CalChamber valued at one hundred eighty-nine dollars ($189.00). The recertification credit course must be taken by September 3, 2020.
PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. CalChamber reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. These prizes are being offered by CalChamber, HRCP, and HRCI. Any valuation of the prizes stated above is based on available information and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying all applicable taxes, if any. CalChamber is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any Entrant by any third party.
Selection: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible
entries received throughout the Entry Period. Winners will be notified by email
within seven (7) days of the end of the drawing and told when and how the
prizes can be collected. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the
prize within 14 days of notification, CalChamber reserves the right in its sole
discretion to select a replacement winner.
9. Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CalChamber from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with the Sweepstakes; (ii) any non-compliance by you with these rules; (iii) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these rules arising from or related to your involvement with the Sweepstakes; (iv) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) any malfunction or other problem with the Sweepstakes site in relation to the entry and participation in the Sweepstakes caused by you; or (vi) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entries caused by you.
Rules. CalChamber reserves the right to terminate early, cancel or amend the
Sweepstakes and these rules without notice if for any reason the Sweepstakes is
not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by
computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical
failure, or any other cause which corrupts or affects the administration,
security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. You will
be notified of any changes to the Sweepstakes including but not limited to early
termination, suspension of entries, and Sweepstakes cancellation as soon as
possible. CalChamber reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the
Sweepstakes if, in CalChamber’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that
the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the
Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair practice or annoys, abuses,
threatens or harasses any other Entrant or CalChamber. CalChamber’s decision in
respect of all matters to do with the Sweepstakes will be final.
All federal, state and
local laws and regulations apply. CalChamber’s failure to enforce any term of
these rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
11. Internet and Disclaimer. CalChamber is not responsible for any malfunction of the Sweepstakes site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entries due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunction, hardware or software failure of any kind, lost or unavailable network connection, typographical or system/human error and failure, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Sweepstakes site, or any combination thereof, which may limit your ability to participate respectively. CalChamber is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent you from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Sweepstakes.
12. Governing Law. The Sweepstakes and these rules will be governed by California law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Sacramento, CA. You agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISIDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Publicity. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to CalChamber’s use of your name and an identification of the company for whom you work in any publicity material including but not limited to internet webpages if you are selected as one of the winners.
14. Winner’s List Requests. To find out the winners’ names, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the following address: CalChamber, Attn: CalChamber HR Certification, 1215 K Street, Suite 1400, Sacramento, CA 95814, after May 30, 2020.
Date: April 30, 2020