CalChamber's Harassment Prevention online courses for individual learning provide content that is relevant to today's issues and challenges.
Updated California harassment training content and features include:
- Real workplace scenarios
- Harassment prevention training that addresses current issues in the workplace
- Increased flexibility allowing the users to move through the course at their own pace without waiting for the audio to complete, while ensuring users must still fulfill the two-hour training requirement by reviewing content
- Opportunities for the users to interact with the course through the addition of more quiz questions, including our drag-and-drop quizzes
- Easy navigation with easy-to-find controls
- An option for text-based versions of videos for users with slower Internet connections
Refer to the "Features & Technical Requirements" tab for a complete list of the course's capabilities.
This harassment training course is approved for 2 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR California recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This course is also approved for 2 MCLE credit hours.
Harassment prevention training for supervisors is mandated for any California company with 50 or more employees. Companies with less than 50 employees should train to reduce the risk of an expensive harassment lawsuit. One large employer recently avoided costly liability in a major lawsuit after proving it promoted a zero-tolerance environment via harassment prevention training courses, materials and postings.
Harassment in the workplace can damage your employee's morale and your company's effectiveness. It is important to purchase harassment training which is current and relevant. We are committed to providing you with effective training that addresses today's issues. For example, according to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and American Sociological Association, while the majority of sexual harassment complaints are filed by women, the number of complaints filed by men is rapidly increasing. Nationwide, approximately 15 percent of people who file complaints of sexual harassment are men. Another interesting finding is that female supervisors are more susceptible to workplace sexual harassment then female workers who are not supervisors.
Our harassment training course addresses these issues with compelling and memorable content. In fact, all of the course content reflects relevant and real workplace scenarios.
If you are currently conducting face-to-face training to educate employees about harassment prevention, you may consider replacing it with online harassment training. A recent study conducted by the U.S. Department of Education indicates that online training is more effective and flexible than face-to-face training. On-demand training allows employees to train on their own PC on their schedule without any support from IT and can be easier on your budget.
"… on average, students in online learning conditions performed better than those receiving face-to-face instruction." - Source: Abstract, page ix Evaluation of Evidence Based Practices in Online Learning, U.S. Department of Education, 2009.
Not intended for use on tablets or phones.
- Easy start-up: Immediate access to California-specific on-demand harassment training that meets AB 1825 requirements and an enrollment process that is complete in just three easy steps. If you have any harassment training data at another provider, we will help you transfer the information painlessly and at no extra charge so you have all your training records in one place.
- Effortless administration: Track your trainees' progress and send reminders through our automated system - set it up and watch it work. Include your own policy in the training course for your employees to review, or use the policy we provide.
- Proven results: Developed by legal and HR training experts, our course covers both federal and California harassment laws using interactive features to engage employees and verify their understanding of the material. We've worked hard to present realistic scenarios that help improve trainees' retention and ability to apply what they've learned which can reduce an employer's liability.
- Easy assistance: "Ask the Expert" options ensure your supervisors always get fast answers to their training questions. A Help" button allows users to send non-legal questions directly to the Learning Management System team for assistance and to get answers fast.
- Engaging content: Scenarios and content deal with current issues in the workplace.
- Flexible access: Employees can move through the course at their own pace and allows them to go back through the content to fulfill the two-hour mandated harassment training.
- Enhanced interactivity: Many opportunities for the users to have fun and interact with the course, using the drag-and-drop quizzes.
- Ease of use: Intuitive navigation, an up-to-date look and feel, and enhanced video with more scenarios and easy-to-find controls.
- HRCI credit: This course is approved for 2 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR California recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). (HRCI logo)
- Bilingual: Users can choose to take the course in English or Spanish.
Course and Purchase Details:
- Each supervisor taking the individual course receives system requirement information when their course notification and reminder emails are sent.
- Length: 2 hours
- Access: 1 year from date of purchase
- Prepayment by check or credit card is required for orders under $150, for Web orders, and for all seminars/Web-based seminars and online training. Courses are non-refundable.
Courses now available for your Learning Management System - These SCORM-compliant courses are also available on a site license basis. Call CalChamber Customer Service to receive a customized quote for your California Harassment Prevention Training needs. A Customer Service Representative is available to take your call Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please call (800) 331-8877.
Why Choose Us for Online Training?
Sexual Harassment FAQs
Pricing Information: Since access to the course is granted upon purchase, these training courses are nonrefundable.
*Note: Special pricing is available for quantities over 250, please click Talk to a Representative, and you will be contacted shortly.
Call a Customer Service Representative to receive a customized quote for your California Harassment Prevention Training needs. A Representative is available to take your call Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please call (800) 331-8877.