An employee handbook is one of the best ways to avoid misunderstandings and ensure fair, consistent treatment of employees. Creating a handbook that complies with California and federal laws helps protect your business from lawsuits.
Use CalChamber’s new Employee Handbook Creator tool to clearly communicate company policies and set expectations in an employee handbook you create online. The online tool is both Windows and Mac compatible, plus you can conveniently access it from your desktop or tablet.
Subscribe to Employee Handbook Creator separately for the English or Spanish version. Save $50 when you order them both as a kit. (Instructions, explanations, navigation and the wizard are in English for both versions.) Your subscription is good for one year from when your access starts.
Note: While you can access content for your handbook online anytime, the handbook itself is not stored online. So it’s important to export and save all handbook versions you create. If you ever make updates to your handbook through Employee Handbook Creator (including changes resulting from updated policy notifications), the new version replaces the previous version online.
- Access the Employee Handbook Creator online tool from desktop or tablet (PC/Mac compatible).
- Wizard simplifies building your handbook and identifying mandatory policies.
- Answer the wizard's series of comprehensive questions to determine what you need and want in your handbook.
- (Option) Print a copy of the wizard questions and your answers.
- Helpful explanations clarify wizard policies.
- Stop and start anytime (progress tracked).
- Help menu includes FAQs and How To's.
- Customize handbook with your logo and company-specific content.
- Copy and paste company-specific text from a previous handbook.
- Export your completed handbook as a PDF or RTF and then print the file from your own printer.
- Alert indicates employment law or regulation changes affecting your handbook (Receive email notification.).
- Revise online and export a new handbook to your PC or Mac at any time.
Purchase Employee Handbook Creator separately in English or Spanish. Save $50 when you order both as a kit. Instructions, explanations, navigation and the wizard are in English for both versions.