Termination Notice and Unemployment Insurance

When an employee is involuntarily terminated, you must give immediate written notice to the employee of a change in the employment relationship. This notice must be given to an employee who is discharged, laid off, given a leave of absence or whose status changes from employee to independent contractor.1 The law does not require a written notice for employee-initiated terminations or cessation of work due to a labor dispute, although you may choose to provide the notice.

To see premium content, sign in below or get HRCalifornia.
Remember Email
Not a Member? Try HRCalifornia free for 15 days.​