To be eligible for UI benefits, a claimant must:
- Make a claim for benefits in accordance with the regulations.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Meet eligibility requirements for each week that he/she claims benefits.
- Have earned $1,300 in one quarter or must have earned high quarter wages of $900 and total base period earnings of 1.25 times that amount.
- Be able to work and be available for work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Have registered for work and conducted a search for suitable work.