This page explains the features of the 2011 California Labor Law Digest on CD. If you have additional questions, please contact us at (800) 700-4044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check this product's support page occasionally for updates to forms, as well as descriptions of important mid-year regulatory changes.
How Do I Navigate Through the Digest?
There are numerous ways of finding the content you are looking for:
- Use the Bookmarks Panel to get an overview of the entire content of the book, no matter where you are in the book. Just select the bookmark link and you will jump to the content.
- The Table of Contents serves basically the same purpose as the Bookmarks Panel. Unlike the Bookmarks Panel, however, the Table of Contents is only accessible from page 3.
- The Index lets you find a specific topic, listed alphabetically, and jump to it by selecting the page number next to the entry.
- The Find function lets you enter a word or term and search the document. To use, enter the word or term you wish to search for in the Find entry field at the top of the PDF window. You can also type Ctrl+F to quickly access the Find function.
- Type ALT + (Left Arrow) to jump back to your previous location in the document. This function serves the same purpose as the “back” button in Web browsers.
Where Are the Forms?
There are now three ways of accessing your forms. You can access form whether or not you are currently connected to the Internet.
Forms in the FormsLibrary folder that comes with this CD do not automatically update. To ensure that you are working with the most up-to-date version of forms, we recommend accessing forms from the Internet whenever possible.
Accessing Forms From this Document
To download forms straight from this document:
- Go to the table at the end of a chapter. These tables list the forms that are referenced within that chapter, along with information on how to use the form, when to use it, who fills it out and where to keep the form.
- Click on the blue form name in the table.
Accessing Forms Online
Users who wish to download a folder containing the most up-to-date versions of all forms can do so by visiting this product's support page.
To download all of the forms mentioned in this book:
- Go to the Product Support pages.
- From the list of product titles, select Labor Law Digest.
- Enter your product security code (found on the CD sleeve) in the input field and select Continue.
To find the form you need easily after downloading, open _ViewFormsListingFirst.htm. This page provides links to all downloaded forms, as well as helpful descriptions of each.
Accessing Forms From the Folder on This CD
Users not connected to the Internet can access forms straight from the CD. The forms are located in the folder on the CD (or downloaded folder) titled FormsLibrary.
Forms in the FormsLibrary folder do not automatically update. To ensure that you are working with the most up-to-date version of forms, we recommend accessing forms from the Internet whenever possible.
How Do I Use the Index?
The index is displayed in the Bookmarks Panel and at the end of the book. From the Bookmark Panel, click an index entry, then select the index entry to jump to the content. If working from the index at the back of the book, simply click on the index entry to jump to the content.
How Do I Save the Contents of This CD to My Computer?
To save the contents of the CD to your computer (e.g., so you do not have to have the CD at your disposal whenever you want to access the Digest), just copy (Ctrl+C) the contents of the CD and paste (Ctrl+V) the files to your preferred location on your computer (for example, Windows users might select their My Documents folder).