1. Why doesn’t Employee Handbook Creator have English and Spanish languages within the same tool?
To lower your cost, we offer English and Spanish versions separately so you can subscribe to the version you need. (Instructions, explanations, navigation and the wizard are in English for both versions of Employee Handbook Creator online tool.) Save $50 if subscribe to a kit with both versions.
2. Why would I need a Spanish version of the handbook?
California has a large Spanish-speaking workforce, so communicating your policies to employees is important. In some cases, such as anti-harassment policies, the failure to communicate the policy in the language that your employees speak may increase your risk of liability in the event of a lawsuit. An employee handbook gives you the best opportunity to clearly communicate your company policies and help protect yourself from unlawful termination suits.
3. If I have an existing policy or want to add information to a policy in the online tool, will it translate it into Spanish?
No. However, if you are a CalChamber member, you’re eligible for a free initial consultation and a 15 percent discount on translation from SpanishOne, made available through our business partner service.
4. What if I need more than one handbook?
If you would like to add a new handbook for a different company, you will need to buy another subscription. If you need subscriptions for multiple companies, call (800) 331-8877 for a quantity discount.
5. Can I post it to our intranet?
6. Can I personalize it with our company logo?
7. Do you have technical support if I need assistance?
8. Am I required to have an employee handbook?
California does not require employers to have a handbook. However, if you create a handbook, there are policies that must be included.